Wimpy Kid Week at Waterstones (16th – 23rd November) promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the promotion.
2. This promotion is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents aged 7 to 18 years, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. To enter you must visit a participating Waterstones store (between 16th November 2011 and 23rd November 2011) and pick up a printed Wimpy Kid- branded golden ticket, whilst stocks last. A full list of participating stores is available at www.wimpykidclub.co.uk. Printed golden tickets are only available within these selected Waterstones stores and are not available at any other locations on or offline. Allocation of golden tickets will be at the discretion of the Waterstones book-sellers within selected stores.
4. Certain randomly allocated tickets will be winning tickets that will entitle the recipient of that ticket to one of the following prizes as specified on the ticket
• 5 first prize winners will each be entitled to take a trip on the London Eye with Jeff Kinney (as further detailed below)
• 10 second prize winners will each be entitled to one month’s supply of Dubble chocolate (30 x 40g bars of chocolate per second-prize winner)
• 100 third prize winners will each be entitled to one net of Dubble chocolate Christmas puddings (90g)
The remaining golden tickets will not be winning tickets and will not entitle their recipients to any prize.
5. Winning tickets must be redeemed to the Promoter by post by 23:59 GMT on 27th November 2011 in accordance with the instructions set out on the ticket. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. We strongly suggest first prize entries are mailed via recorded delivery.
6. Each first prize is one trip for one child and one guardian on the London Eye with the author of the “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” series Jeff Kinney, four other promotion winners and their guardians plus representatives from Puffin Books. There will be a maximum of 25 people within the capsule. The trip on the London Eye is at 11.00am on Sunday 4th December and lasts for 45 minutes. Promotion winners must have arrived by 10.30am prior to the allocated time of 11am. Further instructions and prize details will be shared with the winners closer to the event date. The prize consists of the London Eye flight only and transport to London, accommodation, food any other expenses and arrangements not specified above are the sole responsibility of the winner and their Guardian.
7. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. If prizes are unclaimed after the redemption date in paragraph 5 above, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
9. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the promotion in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
10. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the promotion, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this promotion, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
11. The winners agree to take part in reasonable event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
12. By entering the promotion each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.