Copyright and Trademarks
This Site is owned and operated by Penguin Books Limited (“Penguin”) and the information and materials appearing on the Site (“the Content”) are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only. All software used on this Site and all Content included on this Site (including without limitation Site design, text, graphics, audio and video and the selection and arrangement thereof) is the property of Penguin or its suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws.
None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading of one copy of extracts from the Site on any single computer for personal, non-commercial home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact. Modification of any of the Content or use of any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out herein (including without limitation on any other website or computer network) is prohibited. Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any books published by Penguin should be addressed to the Permissions Department at the address set out below.
The Penguin and Puffin names and logos are registered trademarks.
Links to third party web sites
The Site may include links to third party Internet websites which are controlled and maintained by others. These links are included solely for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement by Penguin of the sites linked or referred to, nor does Penguin have any control over the content of any such sites.
Price and availability of titles
Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of prices and availability of the titles featured on this Site, this cannot be guaranteed and price and availability information may change without notice.
The Site is provided by Penguin in good faith but Penguin does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the Site or the Content or any websites to which the Site is linked, and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
The contents of the Site do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making, or refraining from making, any decision.
There is no guarantee that the Site will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
To the extent permitted by law, Penguin hereby disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the Content, the Site and/or any website to which the Site is linked, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using any of these.
Changes to these conditions of use
Penguin reserves the right to add to or change these conditions of use and agrees to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such amendments will be included as part of the conditions. Any changes will be posted to this page and it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of any such changes from time to time. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the Site after that time.
Penguin does not vet and is not responsible for any information which is posted on the site (known as the “Public Area”). Any content, recommendation or other information within the Public Areas is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Penguin does not warrant, in any respect, the accuracy or reliability of any of the information posted in the Public Areas. The views expressed in the Public Areas are those of the individuals and are not necessarily those of Penguin.
Penguin does not moderate content before it is posted but retains the right to delete, move, edit, update or otherwise alter content in any way, at our discretion and without notice.
By posting your comments or materials on the Public Area you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, world-wide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, distribute and display any content you submit to us in any format now known or later developed. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit your comments or materials to us.
You may use the Public Area only to post content that is proper and appropriate to such areas and you must not do any of the following:
post unlawful, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, harmful or otherwise objectionable content (this includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio);
delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any content that is posted;
falsify the origin or source of content that is posted;
post content in a language other than English;
post content that violates the legal rights of others, in particular, material that contains the intellectual property rights of third parties unless you have obtained all necessary licences and consents to use such content;
advertise, promote or offer to sell any goods or services;
contribute content with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act;
use inappropriate (e.g. vulgar or offensive) user names;
post content that contains viruses or that may damage Penguin’s or another user’s computer;
reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, email address, telephone number or postal address).
If you are under 16, please obtain your parent or guardian’s permission before you register to post any comments or materials.
Penguin shall be entitled at any time to delete, remove, or suspend the whole or any part of the Public Areas or any content posted on them without notice and without incurring any liability. If you find objectionable or offensive material in the Public Areas please let us know as soon as possible by emailing ReportAbuse@penguin.co.uk.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 13 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Entries from those age 13 or under must be accompanied by the permission of the entrants’ parent or guardian.
- This promotion opens on Wednesday 25th August 2010 and closes at midday on Monday 6th September 2010. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- This promotion consists of a “fastest finger first” competition, winners will be the top 10 users on the game leaderboard at the closing time and date. To enter both parts of the promotion you must play the “Wimp Wars” game at www.wimpykidclub.co.uk between Wednesday 25th August 2010 and Monday 6th September 2010.
- Competition Prize: Registered users of the Wimpy Kid Club who play the Wimp Wars game will accrue points and their usernames added to the Wimpy Kid Club leader board. The top 10 users with the highest points scored, as displayed on the Wimpy Kid Club leader board at the closing time and date of the competition, will receive the competition prize. The winners will be notified w/c 6th September 2010.
- The prize for the top 10 users with the highest score at the closing time and date is a Wimpy Kid goodie bag. (Prize donated courtesy of Fox).
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No entrant may win more than one prize.
- The prize winners will be notified via email by September 30th 2010. The winner must claim their prize within 14 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 4 weeks after the closing date.
- The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter is Puffin Books Ltd 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.