Win a visit from Jeff Kinney to your School or Library
Terms and Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter this Promotion.
2. This promotion is open to UK schools & libraries (excluding Northern Ireland)
3. To enter, an adult representative of the school/library, over the age of 18, must either post a picture of their Wimpy Kid display to their Pinterest board (using #wimpifycompetition and including their school/ library email address in their description). Alternatively, they can email their picture to firstname.lastname@example.org with #wimpifycompetition in the subject line.
4. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
5. The closing date for the promotion is 23:59 GMT on Friday 21st November 2014 (“Closing Date”).
6. Only one entry per school/library.
7. All correctly completed entries will be forwarded to a judging panel made up of the author Jeff Kinney, Vanessa Godden (Penguin Brand Manager) & Jayde Lynch (Communications Manager at Morpeth School).
8. The winner will be the school/library who, in the opinion of the judges, has been most creative and inventive with their Wimpy Kid display. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
9. The winning school/library will be notified via email w/c 24th November. The winning school/library must claim their prize within 5 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
10. The prize is a school/library signing with Diary of a Wimpy Kid author Jeff Kinney. The visit will take place between 11th – 15th December 2014. The Promoter shall attempt to find a time that is convenient both for Jeff and the school/library while he is in the UK however, if this proves reasonably impractical, the Promoter reserves the right: (a) to substitute the visit with an appearance from the Wimpy Kid Show (a Wimpy Kid themed event with an actor/ host) + £100 of Wimpy Kid books (chosen at the sole discretion of Promoter) and offer the first prize to another school/library drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions; or (b) in exceptional circumstances, to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
12. The prize event is suitable for an age range of Years 3 – 7 and attendance is subject to a maximum of 1,000 children. The winning school/library is able to share their good fortune and invite other schools to come to the event.
13. By entering this competition each entrant confirms that his/her school’s/library’s entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
14. To obtain details of the winner please email email@example.com, stating the name #wimpifycompetition in the subject heading, within 4 weeks after the Closing Date.
15. The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the judging panel or a representative of Promoter.
16. The Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as result of accepting this prize.
17. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Pinterest. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this competition is submitted to the Promoter and not Pinterest and you agree that Pinterest shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this competition.18. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
19. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
20. By entering the promotion you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
21. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
22. The Promoter is Penguin Books Limited of 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.